Getting Glad in God

George Mueller wrote: “The first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day is to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about every day is not how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state.” Following his example, I attempt to begin each day reading, praying over, and meditating on Scripture to get my heart satisfied in God. This blog is a record of God’s response to my efforts.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hebrews 10:34-36

Three times the writer orients his readers to the rewards promised for faith and obedience: “you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one” (v 34); “which has a great reward” (v. 35); “so that... you may receive what is promised” (v. 36).

I am so thankful that it’s Sunday and I get to go to corporate worship today. So often corporate worship opens my eyes to God’s glory and beauty and helps me see that His rewards and He Himself are so desirable.