Getting Glad in God

George Mueller wrote: “The first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day is to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about every day is not how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state.” Following his example, I attempt to begin each day reading, praying over, and meditating on Scripture to get my heart satisfied in God. This blog is a record of God’s response to my efforts.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Long Silence

I've been noticing something in my devos lately. My focus has shifted. I've been far more intent on finding something worth writing about than I've been on meeting with God, knowing Him, and finding joy in Him. It's not good for the soul when we are performing for others rather than pursuing God. And so I'm taking a little break from the online journal thing to get my heart humbled and focused on Christ again when I journal.