Getting Glad in God

George Mueller wrote: “The first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day is to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about every day is not how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state.” Following his example, I attempt to begin each day reading, praying over, and meditating on Scripture to get my heart satisfied in God. This blog is a record of God’s response to my efforts.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Isaiah 57:15

“For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: ‘I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.’”

One of the amazing paradoxes of our God is this: that He, the most glorious Being in the universe, intentionally hangs out with those who appear most unlike Him. He is high; they are lowly. He inhabits eternity; their spirit grovels in the dust. He is holy; they are broken over their lack of holiness. Lots to ponder here...