Getting Glad in God

George Mueller wrote: “The first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day is to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about every day is not how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state.” Following his example, I attempt to begin each day reading, praying over, and meditating on Scripture to get my heart satisfied in God. This blog is a record of God’s response to my efforts.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Jeremiah 10:1-16

Thank you, God, for this passage! What a fitting word for me to hear today. Since Friday my world has been a hurricane, leaving me feeling confused, pressed, torn, undone. But these verses put my feet back on a massive foundation of granite truth, unshakable and unchanging.

What do I see here? 1) My God is the only real god. Rival gods exist, but they are powerless, ignorant, and dead. 2) My God’s power is absolutely awesome. He formed this world. He wrote the laws of nature, and He can alter them at His pleasure. 3) He is personal, knowing His people and making Himself known to them.

Our God is an awesome God.
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power and love.
Our God is an awesome God!